RE: mk2 springs on mk1?

Joe,

I do believe (99% sure) that the complete f/r shock assemblies from a Mk2,
16V or 8V will fit the Mk1.
Remember that both are A1 chassis.
Now weather the stock spring rates of the mk2 (heavier car) will be correct
is another story.
When you get into aftermarket springs the same might apply, ie. they may be
meant for weight of the Mk2 or Mk1.
But they will physically fit.
Hopefully someone else will shed some more light on this.
HTH

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver