From: chris jevens [mailto:rocco1987@hotmail.com]
Sent: 08,January,2001 15:26
To: r.evans@mail.parklanecoll.ac.uk
Subject: Re: It just stops!

It sounds like a fuel delivery problem possably. I was having this same deal
recently, but it didn't stall it just would have a major flat spot in the
performance around 4.5k - 5k rpms. Have the injectors ever been replaced?
Fuel pump whine? Replaced the fuel filter? Also this may be also caused by
the Timing being off. I replaced my pump, and found out also that my timing
was WAY off(any hesitation when you take off?). I was lucky that I didn't
break valves in my 16v... check those out.

chris
87 1.8 16v rocco
(possible 88 2.0 16v rocco purchase in the near future...)