Re: Shift linkage scraping / Poly A-arm bushings

--- "T. Reed" <treed2@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> Also, I scored a set of bugpack poly a-arm bushings
> for Christmas. My
> rubber ones are garbage - I can squish them in with
> my fingertips. Anyway
> - what are the tricks to installing these things?
> Take them to a shop with
> a press? Lube them up and hammer them in? Should I
> torch out the old ones?

Here's how I did mine: Removed the A-arm, held it in
vise.  With a small drill, ran about a dozen or so
holes through the rubber, until I could rip it out.
Cleanded out the old rubber, this was pretty easy, and
tapped new one in, press not requried.

The rear one is a no-brainer.

The worst part of this job is removing the A-arm at
the ball joint.  Can be a little stubborn if your car
has not been apart in awhile.  I use anti-sieze when
reintstalling the ball joint shaft to the hub.

If someone has a better process, please post it!

Ron