Re: Shine anti-sway bar, anyone? Some figures...

In a message dated 1/3/01 11:49:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rapieper@yahoo.com writes:

So if a Shine bar is 2.5' long (again, need
specifics!), and I use two 2" long plugs, that's 6.5#
for all parts except bolts, and material cost (minus
transportation and cutting) are only $11.70 minus
bolts.

Ok, Cheap ass Ron.... the bar on my car is 40 inches long and is made of
solid round steel of about a 1" diameter. The ends are shaved off so that
they are square. It then uses 2 blocks on each end which have a triangle cut
into them. They are then bolted to one another around the end of the bar so
that the bar cannot move inside them. Each of these end peices then bolts to
the front part of the beam. There is a plate that is tapped which fits inside
the beam at the front. Holes are drilled straight through and the bolts
threaded through into the plate. I think that's the best I can do for an
explanation until I can get some pictures of it. HTH....

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)