Re: (tech) 2.0L swap/ what did you get your Rocc for Xmas

Mine got to spend the holidays in a climate controlled garage with security
cameras and motion sensors. (Impressed?? don't be, it's in the high school
shop for brake work) It just got a 2.0 L engine (and clutch, water pump,
belts and pulleys, etc) and four new (shiny!) gold Brembo rotors,carbon fibre
 pads and two new calipers. (not to mention a bunch of fluids..) So what else
could
it possibliy need? (but you should see its New Year's present...) It better
run great by the time we're done with it...

As for the guy doing the 2.0L swap, did you ever think of an older diesel VW?
Our Jetta is bulletproof and wouldn't be worth much to sell. It starts great
in the winter and think of the fuel money you'd be able to save to buy goodies
for the Rocc. As for parts for the swap, I didn't do mine myself, but I got a
bigger clutch (210 mm), and a new water pump (you're in there anyway, unless
you trust one to be in good shape, in my case both were unknown quantities).
In my case the exhaust manifold of the donor (GTI) looked like it would fit
but didn't so they had to wrestle it out after the motor was back in - much
easier to do on the floor I imagine. I could send you a parts list if you like
- a few gaskets and fluids needless to say. Nothing that surprised me and what
do I know - not much. My two cents, with the exchange and my lacking
knowledge, I guess more like my two pesos :)

Season's greetings and play safe in the snow!

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1