Re: 160 mph speedo question

I have a 160 in my '87 Red Scirocco (03/87) and I sold one from a 03/86
car.  Both were Motometer and had the up shift light.  During a recent
excursion, I nabbed one out of a 05/86 Scirocco that is VDO with the up
shift light...go figure.

I don't like lookin' at the damn thing either so perhaps this would help.
 My car is no 'boom buggy' but I do have 12 speakers in there and It gets
a little loud on the road.  (non cat headers, Dynomax, resonated tip,
solid mounts)  I was having trouble hearing my radar detector so I came
up with this:

Contact someone making gauge overlays.  Have the background changed, or
blacked out, so the arrow and dots are covered.  I then taped into the
led and ran that to my radar detectors signal output.  Thus, it beep and
the light flashes.  You don't need the radar detector there obviously,
you could just disable the led and cover with an overlay.

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/
request VW parts at