Re: [advice] to buy or not to buy a torque wrench??

As for click-type torque wrenches (load-specific), you have your ft.lb.
wrenches and you have your inch-pound wrenches.  Your local Sears has them
both.  Not endorsing one way or another, but you can at least take a look at
an inch-pound wrench there.  It is about 2/3 the length of the ft.lb. wrench
and used for light stuff, especially aluminuminum.

-Phil Kerschner
'85 Scirocco (the Loyal One)
'87 Scirocco (sickee)
'87 Scirocco 16V (BIG ol' project)

"Sciroccos - 'til Death do us part!"

> Make sure you get a torque wrench that is the right torque range for the
jobs you are doing.  I once used a large, pointer and scale type, torque
wrench to install some some small bolts in an aluminum head.  I went right
out and bought a smaller torque wrench and a heli-coil kit!