Re: anybody have experiance with Nakamichi???

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Jeffrey Bynum wrote:

> Loudness is a function of the radio/cd player to increase the level of bass
> and treble at low listening levels to create a fuller/richer listening
> experience. Generally the loudness function only works to a certain level,
> or past that point will overdrive the speakers , especially if the bass and
> treble on the headunit are set to greater than 0.

True enough. But the design for the nak head unit(ive had for
two years) has a problem with the Amplifiers not being linear across the
band. so the loudness (plus jacking up the bass +4) is required for a
nearly flat response level. THen to top it off i cant hear the treble so I
jjack that up too.. (+3)

So as long as the head unit stays cool no problem but when it heats up..
the FACE PLATE will nearly burn your fingers.
So neadless to say. My unit goes into over current condition and shuts
down.

jsut warning. on what I experience I have with 2 nak head units.