RE: Evolution of the Scirocco List?/Going to Vortex format

I know this may be a non-issue by now, but I like getting email instead of
reading it on the Web like the Vortex's UBB software. UBB is a great piece
of software, but browsing the Web on a my fast DSL connection is still
slower than looking at text e-mails over a 28.8 dial-up. With Outlook, I can
sort/filter/delete VERY easily.

The best possible option would be to have both. I hate to mention it again,
but that's the thing I like best about eGroups, other than the searchable
archive. You can choose to have the email sent to you (like scirocco.org) or
you can just log-in and look at it online (like VWVortex). Talk about
flexible!

Perhaps Brett can find a way to do this when he builds the new system? THAT
would be the true power of hosting it privately! Brett, do you already have
an email/archive system in mind? Would it allow for something like this?

Neal