Re: Evolution of the Scirocco List?

In a message dated 2/27/01 2:57:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
RandyB@E-Risk.com writes:

I wasn't going to respond to this at first due to lack of time, but here is
my opinion for what it's worth.
I have been having to delete entire block's of posts for awhile now, knowing
that I was missing a lot of good info.
I just don't have the time anymore to even read the subject lines let alone
each individual post.
Work is hectic, I am going to try to go to school again, and the twins
(Sciroccos) take a lot of my time.

I do spend some time on VWVortex, and AudiWorld (formerly A4.Org).
Both of these sites have a very easy way to read posts and information is
easy to find.
There are no e-mails for me to delete and I can pretty much QUICKLY go
through all the posts of the day.
Is this a possibility for Scirocco.org and the Mailing list someday? (my
pocket book is open if it is a matter of cost).

I agree with most that with as many people as we currently have on the
mailing list now it is now VERY difficult to get valuable info from the
list.
If our membership grows the # of e-mails will increase leaving even fewer
people with the time to go through them.
I just can't go through 100 e-mails a day.
Logic seems that a lot of people besides me aren't able to go through all
these posts which means they aren't contributing to the content either, this
is a no win situation.

As much as I love the Scirocco list I might have to bail just due to this
simple fact.

My hat goes off to Brett and all who have spent endless hours of their time
and $ to keep this list alive, you are more than just enthusiasts...

I'd just like to second that... I am quickly coming to the point where I
cannot keep up with the mail. I try to find some useful info among the posts,
but there is just too many posts everytime I check. I currently just kinda
browse, and I'm sure I miss a lot,...but need to budget that time elsewhere.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)