Advice & Help needed (MK2)

Title: Advice & Help needed (MK2)

Okay I am looking for opinions and/or personal experience on a few things before I put the '82 back together again.

1.  Shocks/struts.  I don't race so I don't need anything that is going to jar my teeth out, but I do tend to drive a little hard and want to keep the body roll to a min.  I have used KYB's and Boges normally.  I like them both (boge turbo's a bit better) but I have found that boges are only a 1 year war. while KYB's are now lifetime.  Any other suggestions?

2.  Springs to match the aforementioned struts/shocks. I have used Sachs before and they were nice, but I have noticed they tend to sag on the back springs after a while. Again, I don't want to drop the car to the ground, but I do want something decent.

3.  I think I have a line on an Audi 3a (the 4cyl 2L) engine.  What I need to know is who has done the swap before?  I have checked a few web sites and there is a bit of a confusion as to whether the Audi head is a good thing to keep or a solid lifter is the way to go.  Supposedly the Audi head has decent valve size.  Anyone know for sure?  Anyone know how cams, etc go for this head?

4.  Anyone know a good site(s) to hit to find out about dif. mods (limited slip, etc) and are they worth it for street applications? Aprox price range?

And finally,  Anyone know anything about sliding rag tops?  The '82 had an aftermarket slider put in when I got it and it is pretty beat up.  Well patched :).  What I need is to find someone who still makes them to price out a new one.  I saw a website once that had new sliders with electric controls for the new beetle, but I lost it.  Anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks

Cory