RE: A better Server for the list? here is an idea...

what happens when yahoo.groups starts charging like they recently began
doing with their auctions>? What if Yahoo goes under? Will we be able to
retrieve all of the archived items? By having one person have control over
the server and files, we are essentially keeping it "in house". I believe
alot of our issues would be out of our hands due to a corporation owning the
actual content? As far as throwing money toward equipment that we won't
necessarily get to use ourselves like servers and such, DEAL WITH IT. The
list owners have done more than their fair share of carrying the expense of
things and even putting countless man hours into maintaining the list and
site. I think a few bux out of my pocket to keep this place going is no big
deal AT ALL. Think about it. 10 bux from 100 people is 1000 bux. That's alot
of cash to help out. 200 people send in 5 bux= 1000 bux again. NO BIG DEAL!
I don't have to have my 5 or 10 bux documented and explained to me. I'll
spend that on some Red Stripe in ten minutes anyway. Jamaican Lager
mmmmmmmmmm
But anyway. Keep list as is, toss out the idea of donation and see where it
goes. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised with our results.

Bobby Griffin
Jax, FL
Black 87 16v