New List Rules

Alright this is enough...

Call me a jerk, think less of me, torch my car. I'm insured.

I've been on this list for quite a few years, and have been
hosting it (usually happily!) for over two on my hardware. I've
noticed an increasing amount of chaff of which I've received and
seen complaints from many listees recently. Complaints about
profanity, people looking for arguments, and poor typing etiquette.

That's enough justification.

It's time that we as a group proposed and setup rules for this
list that should be advertised on the scirocco.org webpage and in
the information received when signing onto the list.

Who's gonna head this? I'll take rule suggestions for 1 week
starting at 6AM Mountain, Monday. Each day I'll combine the
suggestions and update the list. At the end of the week we'll
spend a 24 hour period to vote on the new rules. So start sending
your suggestions now, to: voter@scirocco.org. Suggestions to any
other address (including the list) will be ignored.

The method of enforcement clearly won't be to preapprove all
posts, but to enforce the rules when someone complains. This has
worked smoothly on many systems and in many methods.

If you haven't already, here's where you get to call me a Nazi if
so inclined. Until we pass a set of rules to govern this list, the
following 'martial law' will apply, effective immediately:

Three strikes you're out and all offendees will be notified for
each infraction. There are a wide variety of topics that are
appropriate to this forum, so I will be conservative in reacting
to a complaint. Here it goes:

1. Flaming & Flamebait. Express your opinion, do not attack
others' opinions. There is no room for it here, take it somewhere
else.

2. Babble. If something is -completely- off topic, and has no real
purpose.

3. Mumbling. Posts which are difficult to decifer, read or
interpret due to excessive misspellings, bad typing etiquette or
format.

Again, this is complaint driven, please send your emails to:
scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. All submissions will be anonymous.

Send your rule suggestions to: voter@scirocco.org

Jerry's Final Thought: This is a Good Thing(tm). Some organization
is clearly necessary. If we don't implement some rules by the end
of two weeks, I don't want to host the list. If the list has to be
moved for that reason, be sure the problems will follow as well.

~C