Re: Cams?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 00:10:23 -0500 Jim Jarrett <jarrett@rpa.net> writes:
> Can anyone tell me if there are any tricks to pulling the cam gear
> off of a stock cam and fitting them onto an aftermarket set?
>
> Anyone sucessfully done this?
>
> /===============================================================\
> | Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
> | mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |
> |                                                               |
> |    Any problem can be solved with the proper application of   |
> |   Force, Heat, Chemicals, or Money.                           |
> \===============================================================/

The chain sprockets? For the timing chain between the 2 cams on a 16V...
They need to be pressed...

One more reason why I want to order the $100 press from Harbor Freight...

The cam gear, the one driven by the timing belt, should come off easily,
if you follow the Bentley.

What cams did you get?

Read this before you install the cams:
http://members.aol.com/pumaracing/cam1.htm