Re: [eng] identification and injectors

> Isn't this a MOTRONIC fuel system? An injector is part of a fuel rail
> and has an electrical actuator built in each one?

  i've also been told that they're digifant. either way, i'd like to
trade them for a set of used cis injectors. my set worked prior to the
engine being pulled (for a blown head gasket- the engine was given to
me) and i'd assume they're probably more expensive than the standard cis
injectors.

> If I might ask, what did you break on the injectors that kept the fuel
> line intact? Is it just the shroud on the end that broke?

  the threaded head part. where the injector puller sets in to pull them
out. i snapped the head off while trying to get them out. interestingly
enough, my '85 only had one injector that had the shroud replaced.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com