my 84 running lean... full throttle enrichment switch?

well now that i think i got my 84 going.. i hooked up my a/f gauge on it
(Tech article later on it). and i verified it with a volt meter. but on full
throttle the car is totally lean. i'm wondering if the full throttle
enrichment switch is working.  does anybody know how to check to see if the
switch is working properly, like when i hit the switch, can i measure
something on the frequency valve or something? this is starting to remind me
of my 80, but without the turbo.

Thanks

Wing Gee
80' Turbo Scirocco (Busted Piston Version)
84' Scirocco - It's Runs!!
Http://www.TurboRocco.com (Almost There)