Re: Plugs taken out when warm was: [Tech, not specifically Roc]Running a co...

In a message dated 2/24/2001 3:31:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tberk@mindspring.com writes:

<< warm the
 > >engine up first. You're likely to strip the plug threads out of the
 > >head. >>

Been there done that.  Quick story.  Changed the sparkplugs on my dads drive
to work car, was an Izuzu I-mark. Engine was hot.  One plug stripped out the
head.  So I had to cross thread the sparkplug all the way down into the head.
Prayed that the engine would start and run.  It did.  Needless to say I never
changed the plugs in that car again.  Car is long gone now.  Never realized
until just now that it was cause the engine was warm L8r.

Brian 86 16v
<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>