[Tech] TSR Shift Linkage Install

I installed my TSR-BFD weighted shift linkage this week.

It transformed my sloppy shifter into the smoothest shifting A1, I've
ever driven...

This is mod is must for any serious Volkswagen.
I've always wanted a setup like this, and at $60, it is one heck of a
deal.

The best way to install this kit is to remove each linkage rod,
and set the TSR linkage rod to the same spec.

You remove the lock pins, making sure that you don't lose them, I almost
lost the same lock pin twice...
Snap it in place, and insert the lock pins and rotate them onto the end.
This is the only difficult part of the install...

The relay rod is replaced with ends that bolt on, instead of the stock
hair pin through a hole.
I used my air ratchet with a long extension to tighten the two 13mm nuts.

Make sure you lubricate the ends, and if your rubber washers are old,
this is the time to replace them, along with the rest of the bushings.

The A3 relay shaft bushings are a great upgrade also...
Thanks Brian Honnold!

And special thanks to Dan, for setting this TSR group buy up, and the BFD
machined shift weight.
It makes the other shift weights on the market look like a joke...

Here is a picture of the TSR linkage, without the BFD machined weight:
http://www.dubsquad.org/tsr.html

Damn Ron...

LOL!

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit" TSR BFD A3 Bushings
'84 Scirocco, RD/FF
'80, '88 Scirocco rollers