Re: The infamous typing thread, and why it needs to stop.

 I do have a question about your statement.

1) I agree with you and I dropped the subject.

2) I also agree with you that if you need to use email software you need to
know how to use a filter

3) My question is:  if a person does not know how to use a filter they have
(according to your statement) have no business being on a mailling list . Dont
you perticularly find interesting that someone using email does not even BOTHER
to use a spell check (99% of them have them included), have business being on
the list himself.?

I am not trying to start a fight just trying to understand, why everyone is
protecting some guy that is too lazy to run a spell check before he send an
email out, but we get told to set filters because we find it hard to understand
what he is trying to say (sometimes he does make a reply to a tech question and
well I would really enjoy being able to actually understand what he's saying.
personally I dont find it offending, just rather annoying.  I just think that
he should just bother (hell I am french , english is my THIRD language and I
use a spell check all the time.) This is not about how the style he type, hell
I dont make proper english sentence most of the time, I use poor punctuation,
but at least i Bother (because I care to RESPECT everyone else on the list
enough) to run a spell check before sending my emails out.

This is the last commentary on my part, John I have set a filter, nothing
personal towards you, you bicth all you want, You say we are the assholes, I
say use a spellcheck.

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 02:44:40 -0500, Emm Dee Emm Eh said:

> Ok,
>  	Here goes my few cents. I work for a company who's business is built
>  around e-mail(spam), and i've noticed that most of these threads are
>  started by people who don't know how to use it. It being the concept
>  behind e-mail, and usages of modern clients. If you don't like someones
>  thread/discussion, set a filter to automatically delete any mail from
>  them once it hits your inbox. This is the beauty of electronic mail, you
>  can prevent yourself from seeing something you don't want. If you don't
>  know how to do this, I don't think you should be using e-mail, let alone
>  subscribing to majordomo mailing lists. Also, making *PUBLIC* comments
>  about someone's spelling is pretty fucking rude. Jonas knows a good bit
>  about VW's, and many other things. If you have 1/3 of a brain it's not
>  hard in the least to get the main idea(s) behind what his e-mail says.
>  Just because you can type fluently, and flawlessly fast does not mean
>  that everyone else can. Everyone has certain things they are good at,
>  and certain things they aren't. Just because someone doesn't have the
>  best typing accuracy isn't a reason to say anything and start a flame
>  war like this. Let's all chill, and not start getting grey/white hair
>  over a mailing list. Peace,
>  	-Gary Huff
>
>  --
>  Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send