Re: too loud

In a message dated 2/23/01 5:51:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
skerocdriver@juno.com writes:

Thats the system I have on (eurosport race header, no cat, 2" alumnized
system) my 8V which was measured at 88db. YMMV and I suspect the 16V
might make a little more noise than my car does.

I have the Eurosport long dual downpipe with the collector chopped off and a
2.25" collector welded on. Then from there back I have their Rabbit Race
exhaust which is 2.25" with no resonator and their offset straight pass
muffler. No cat either. So, basically it is muffled only at the back by a 12"
long straight pass muffler only.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)