[Fwd: added headlight relays to Scirocco, lights now broken]

reply to: <mailto:nathan_fredette@hotmail.com>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: added headlight relays to Scirocco, lights now broken
Date: 22 Feb 2001 15:41:08 GMT
From: fredetteBONCH@mit.edu (Matthew Fredette)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Hi,

Last weekend my brother and I wired up the euro lights in my Scirocco
2 with two relays (one for the high beams, one for the low) and
everything was ok for a couple of days.  The high and low beams seemed
right, even though sometimes if the high beams were switched on and
then switched off, the low beams would cut out.  The low beams would
come back on if you cycled the high beams with the stalk on the
steering wheel very slowly.

Suddenly tonight my low beams just cut out and flipping the stalk
slowly doesn't do the trick.  I put my old US lights back in and
hooked everything back up stock without the relays.  Still no
lows, just high beams.  I swapped out the headlight switch and still
no go.  I checked all the fuses and bulbs and they're fine.  Any ideas
as to what the problem is?  Please cc replies to
nathan_fredetteBONCH@hotmail.com (but lose the BONCH)

Thanks,

   --Nate