Re: My rocco still overheats!

I guess this isn't 'backing you up' Brian, sorry but my 16v runs at 80 to 90
C on the road and at idle or slow driving in town, it will get to 95 - 105
C.  BUT, the first thing (Gabriel) I would do is figure out if it is a oil
problem or cooling system problem.  You can TEST your fans all day long but
do they come on when they are suppose to (I think the fans come on around
200 F coolant temp)?  If you can let your car idle and the fans eventually
come on (about 3/4 on the coolant temp gauge) then the cooling system is
working.  Keep in mind that they should come on at a lower temp with the low
temp fan switch installed.  IF the cooling system is OK and you are worried
about you oil temp, FIRST check your oil!!  Then go from there.  If you
haven't had any trouble with you car and this just started happening out of
the blue, they you MAY have a bad gauge, sending unit, etc.  I do agree with
Brian though, normal 16v temps are higher than 8v (and most other cars for
that matter!!).  HTH!!  Keep us informed, I'd like to know what you come up
with!!

Dave