Re: help with translation from German to English

At 01:26 PM 2/21/01 , you wrote:

I'm going on my assumption that "Seitenschweller" are "side moldings"...

The side moldings are glued to the door sill and secured with 2 black
aluminium rivets.

Depending on the model of car, the moldings may have to be sanded
down.  The side moldings are test-mounted mounted and fastened with Scotch
tape.  Then, it can be determined how much needs to be sanded off the door
sill.  The mouldings are, of course, removed from the sills during sanding.

We recommend pre-drilling the holes for the rivets on the front of the
moldings before painting to avoid damage to the finish.

After painting, the molding is glued to the original sills with "Sikaflex
Kraftkleber Type 260" [A strong adhesive with the brand name SikaFlex].  An
entire cartridge of adhesive is used for each molding.

We recommend covering the surface where the glue is to be applied to, all
the way to the edge of the molding to avoid soiling it with the Sikaflex
adhesive.  The same goes for the door sill, fender, and the quarter
panel.  These parts should also be taped with Scotch Tape from the
separation seam to the molding.    Should any adhesive drip out while
pressing the parts together, it should be removed with a plastic spatula
and then the tape should be removed again.  Any remaining adhesive should
be removed immediately following the installation with a cotton towel and
silicone remover.

Enjoy,
Jason

1987 Scirocco 16v