RE: {Engine} Timing

>===== Original Message From Cmr446@cs.com =====
>In a message dated 2/21/01 10:32:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>16vrocco@del.net writes:
>
><< Hey all,
>   Someone enlighten me on a stupid question...where exactally is this plug
> located that gets removed so that you can view the timing mark ?  >>
>
>  Don't feel bad about not knowing where it is,(atop the transmision
>bellhousing, just to the 'right' -as you look at the engine from front of
>car- of the engine, looks like a big, off-white, plastic allen head bolt with
>a small removable plug, or hole if it's missing) really. Years ago my brother
>thought this was where the motor oil went in his Golf GT. All four quarts...

HAHA..Im not THAT bad...hehehe.  This is my first real time venturing into the
beast.  As it turns out (recall past posts), the distro cap actually had wear
marks in the inside...as if something got in there and chewed it up.  The
noise went away...Now the car just idles like its has a nice set of 276 cams,
doesn't like to start, and doesn't have the power that it once had..so I am
hoping that this will cure the issue.

thanks again.
  Steve