Re: {Engine} Timing

In a message dated 2/21/01 10:32:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
16vrocco@del.net writes:

<< Hey all,
   Someone enlighten me on a stupid question...where exactally is this plug
 located that gets removed so that you can view the timing mark ?  >>

  Don't feel bad about not knowing where it is,(atop the transmision
bellhousing, just to the 'right' -as you look at the engine from front of
car- of the engine, looks like a big, off-white, plastic allen head bolt with
a small removable plug, or hole if it's missing) really. Years ago my brother
thought this was where the motor oil went in his Golf GT. All four quarts...

Carl  (wait, then did he ever change the oil in his Rabbit..?)
77rocco
89fox