Re: [OT?] swapping to vented rotors

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:02:52 -0500 "Ryan McCarthy" <rmccarthy777@msn.com>
writes:
> Some of you may remember my recent posts about my wife's jetta and
> problems with the brakes. It turns out that the driver's side rotor
actually
> broke in two pieces. The top part of the "hat" sheared off. Luckily,
I've got
> a brand new set of vented rotors to replace them with. However, I can't
get
> the correct pads for them. I did this swap last year on the roc, and
the
.> guy behind the counter was knowledgable and figured out which ones I
> needed.
> This time, the guy wasn't. The brake system is standard 9" kelsey-hayes
> style, now with vented rotors. Does anyone know of a year and model
> that I can use to get the right pads? I'm sure some models came stock
with
> the venteds. TIA!
>
> Ryan
> 82 Scirocco GL
> 90 Jetta Carat Wolfsburg
>
> *****************************
> Get paid to read email...
> www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/1953523

Same as an '85 and up 8V Scirocco, [280] pad, which uses the flat anti
rattle clip.

Or you can tell him you have an '87 16V GTI...

Btw, '83 GTI's take the same rotors, but use a [158] pad.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84 Scirocco, RD/FF