From: Ryan McCarthy [mailto:rmccarthy777@msn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 10:03 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: [OT?] swapping to vented rotors

Some of you may remember my recent posts about my wife's jetta and problems
with the brakes. It turns out that the driver's side rotor actually broke in
two pieces. The top part of the "hat" sheared off. Luckily, I've got a brand
new set of vented rotors to replace them with. However, I can't get the
correct pads for them. I did this swap last year on the roc, and the guy
behind the counter was knowledgable and figured out which ones I needed.
This time, the guy wasn't. The brake system is standard 9" kelsey-hayes
style, now with vented rotors. Does anyone know of a year and model that I
can use to get the right pads? I'm sure some models came stock with the
venteds. TIA!

Ryan
82 Scirocco GL
90 Jetta Carat Wolfsburg