From: S.Coleman [mailto:deadbolt@mindspring.com]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 6:20 PM
To: scirocco group
Subject: [Tech] ...No Spark at Coil

OK guys,...I'm going to throw this out to you all and see what happens.
Here is my problem.   The car is a 1978 with CIS.  What I have for sure is
no spark coming from the center tower of the coil.  I hooked up my timing
light today and noticed no spark at the plugs,...so I hooked it up to the
wire going from the coil to the distributor........still no spark showed.
Where do I trace this thing from here?  I really need this car running so
that I can pull this motor out.  From what I can tell,...the wires on the
coil are hooked up properly,....anyone?  anyone?
    Lastly,....the starter is turning over fine,.I DID check resistance on
the coil,....that seemed OK,.........hmmm,....is there a way to check
whether or not power is making it from the battery to the ignition switch?
(if that is where it goes?),...then out to the coil?
Many thanks,.....again!
Chris