From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Jim Jarrett
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 8:03 PM
To: Captnbr@aol.com; scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Vr6 GTI impressions

At 4:34 PM -0500 2/18/01, Captnbr@aol.com wrote:

> Well for
>some odd reason i was not as impressed as I thought i would be.  I don't
know
>why but my 16v felt faster than the Vr6??  Has anyone else felt this way or
>am i just crazy. First gear in the rocco really makes me feel like i am
being
>pushed back in my seat and in Vr6 it did not feel like this.

That's very odd.  I have the opposite impression.  My daily driver is
a Passat GLX wagon.  It's a BIG car, but man, when I get on it, I
feel a good push in the seat of the pants I haven't felt on any
normal 16v.  Brett's, yea, but I said "normal." <G>  My 16v
Convertible that's bored out to 2nd oversize pistons has a good push,
but not compared to the VR6.  So that's really strange, cause a GTI
is certainly smaller than a Passat wagon!!!

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |