RE: [Mk1gti] Warpig to be retired from rally service?

Andrew, once a car leaves the fold of a manufacturer's current offerings it
is pretty much done -but only from a factory point of view! In this case, VW
doesn't give much of a damn about anything other than A4 chassis Golfs.
However, I'm not expecting VW to help me at all. In fact, VW doesn't sponsor
any motorsports in North America except for the New Beetle Cup and Karl
Scheible's "cute" N.B. rallycar (which really hasn't been run in two
seasons). Notwithstanding, some other manufacturers, like Mazda and
Mitsubishi e.g., have contingency programs even for very obsolete cars.

The rest of the world just likes to see a nice-looking car that wins (or
looks like it does). With that in mind, the A2 Golf is simply a more modern
and more competitive car. Besides, with it's limited suspension travel and
torque steer, my arms and butt get really sore in the Rabbit. :^)
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
1 Liberty Plaza, 20th Floor