(WAS: You have to see this.. Really.) [WOT]Meze name history

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 07:20:34 -0500 Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
writes:

>With a name like Meze, I'd figure that he's of Germanic stock. But we
>know that the real Aryans come from the Indian subcontinent, so..
>maybe
>there's a connection? ;^)

Actually, no. The history of the name is actually French. Since I am a
true 3rd generation American (read MUTT) I have French and German blood
coursing thru my veins. Pronunciation is "May-zee". There's a little nike
swoosh thingie over the first "E" that most keyboards wont allow me to
use that gives the "A" sound. (Playstation will tho!)

And lastly, ive never been to or, desire to go to India. (or indiana for
the matter.) :)

Now, some slightly on topic news....

Doug Toulie has dethroned me at the track! He takes his first victory
over me in VW history by a full second in his MK-I! I did a double stint
racing the Corvette in SS in San Diego then did a Banzai run up to LA and
ran FSP in my Scirocco. I knew that little MK-I was fast!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!