Re: Wont start...funny relay noises.HELP!

My car has similar symptoms.  A while back when I had them at first I
changed the battery and it worked fine for a good while...then they
reappeared.  So I changed my power cable and also noticed that the solenoid
ground was all corroded, so I put a different starter in it.  This solved my
problem for another good while (not quite as good as the other while
thought).  About this same time, my starter fell off.  How, I don't know, I
remember tightening up the bolts pretty tight.  It had been hanging on by
one bolt and spinning for a 60 mile trip, and when I tightened it up, it
didn't run like it used to...so I put in another starter (a diesel starter)
and again it worked good for a half-way decent while...until a few weeks
ago.  Now either you get clicking noises or is turns over very slowly making
weird noises.  So the next thing I am going to do (which I should have done
in the first place) is change my grounds...hopefully that will fix the
problem.  Also, if anyone knows a different reason let me know as well.
TIA!

Lee Folkman
'84 Wolfsburg Scirocco 8v (Manual Start)
'84 Scirocco 8v(Starts good, moves bad)
'88 Scirocco 16v Shell(Sometimes I sit in it and pretend to start it)
'82 Jetta Diesel(Ice racing tomorrow! will start if it's not TOO cold)
http://scirocco84.homepage.com
http://www.andrews.edu/~folkman