Re: clutch problems

>So I was picking up new tires and on the way there the clutch pedal began
>to have far too much play in it. I have to get it maybe three or so inches
>from the floor to feel anything. No revving problems, car goes into gear
>just fine. Please tell me this is the cable and not the clutch?
>
>Thanks
>Blake
>87 16v

Sounds like your clutch cable is about to snap, or the outer sheath is
splitting, or your self adjusting cable just malfunctioned, or (finally)
it really is your clutch and the self adjusting cable is at it's end.
The last one is the least likely IMO.  Start by spending the $15 and
replace the self adjusting cable with a manual one...go from there.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net