.75 swap 95% complete

Hey list,

I finally did my 5th gear swap last saturday and the revs are like a dream - on
my gutsy1.6L 8v the pick up on 5th is pretty good too.  At 3000 rpm she now does
almost 120kph and I can't wait to really rev up to about 5500rpm.

The only problem is that my synchroniser ring (copper gear) is worn out in
relation to the new 5th gear and each time I shift into 5th there is a small
'creachh' sound. Should not be too difficult to get a new one but I will have to
go thru the hassle of dropping the tranny and opening it up again.  I wonder why
Autotech do not offer the copper gear with the kit for surely others must face a
similar problem when an old gear is replaced with a new one.

btw the 'measurements' as prescribed in all the various instructions e.g. - the
5th gear tubing has to be about 5mm above etc didn't work on my tranny. When set
to those measurements I could not even engage - so had to improvise.  Perhaps I
just have a psycho tranny :-))

james
82 scirocco Gti 8v

___________________________________

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged.  If
you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose  the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or
copy the information.

In the event of any technical difficulty with this e-mail, please contact the
sender or the Singapore IT Department on (65) 538 7696.

Clyde & Co
10 Collyer Quay
#13-07 Ocean Building
Singapore 049315
Tel: (65) 538 7696, Fax: (65) 538 7661

E-Mail: post@clyde.com.sg, Internet: http://www.clydeco.com

Clyde & Co is a multinational partnership of solicitors and registered foreign
lawyers.  A list of partners' names is available on request.  Authorised by the
Law Society under the Financial Services Act 1986.