Re: project scirocco

derrick wrote:

> I have a interesting project I'm thinking about working on when I get a
> scirocco and my funds are right.  Since this is a scirocco site and it's
> the most active one I though u could give me an estimate on the cost.
> I'm thinking about making a part-time full-time 4 wheel drive scirocco,
> with a 2.0L 16V engine, and with a test pipe and supercharged.

If you aren't a rich engineer and master fabricator I'd let this dream
go, my man. What you're talking about is no bolt together affair. To do
it right -hell, even to get it completely wrong -will take big dollars
and massive resources. It *has* been done before but don't think for a
second that this is a job for mere mortals.

I'll bet that you could easily spend $15k in just design and
fabrication. This supposes that you could find someone with the talent
to even design such a thing. Then you could spend another $5k on
installation. Have fun!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut