Re: Unknown transmission scirocco

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, derrick wrote:

> I recently was in a talk about a 1986 VW scirocco I buying next week
 and I friend told me there is a transmission for a scirocco that has
no syncros in it so u can change gears with out the clutch.  if
course u have to use the clutch to put it into reverse and
into first gear but when u are shifting through the gears u don't.
If anyone has info on the transmission please give me some insight
on it and the price of it.

hmm. all i have to say is BS.
the only thing i have heard about is an ignition cutout so that when you
are shifting you can keep the throttle pegged to the stops./
but thats all.
try shifting without syncos and your not gonna do much...