Re: 16V rings going out after 10Kmiles

In a message dated 2/13/2001 1:41:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sfenton@amazon.com writes:

<< nd sweeping the garage I noticed the car is giving out blue/white smoke at
 idle. I watched it on the way to work and noticed the same smoke when I was
 on the gas. Its not mix because its white >>

Damn that really sux ass man. If you are seeing mad smoke like that, then
hmmm yeah that really sux.  First thing I would check is the airfilter to see
if it is coated with oil to rule out the overfilled oil syndrome.  Then I
guess it is on to compression tests.  But I can't imagine rings going that
quickly.  Shit I have  over 140,000 miles on my original rings and still no
sign of oil burning.  Good luck.

Brian 86 16v
<http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>