Rear Disc Brakes

Title: Rear Disc Brakes

The 16V was the only A1 system I know with disc brakes.

I have seen them on Golf, Jetta and Passat.  I know the bolt patter is the same. Is there any difference in the calipers, or are they basically all the same system?

I know of a wrecked Passat with rear discs (has anti lock though) and I thought of pulling the spindles, etc for my '79 Scirocco.

Also, I have heard conflicting reports on changing the pressure regulators.  Some say it is not needed, some say it is, and some say you need a newer master cylinder to work correctly with the newer pressure reg.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Cory