Re: Part needed- and tech question

The 19mm bolt (some 6 and some 12pt) is NOT supposed to be loctited on
but I've run across my share that have been.  One word: IMPACT!  If the
head is off or if the timing belt is still on, you won't run the risk of
damaging your pistons or valves.

If you don't have acess to an impact wrench, remove the oil pan (I hope
you have the engine on a stand) use a wooden block between the crank
counterwieght and the engin block to keep that sucka from spinin'.  Then
apply heat to the bolt (more than a bic) and try again.  Removing that
bolt will take the pulley assembly off in one piece.  Then you can either
soak the hex head bolts (after it has cooled!) and they should pop loose
without damage to the bolt heads or remove the hex head bolts before
removing the 19mm from the end or the crank.

"Large thin wheel looking thing"?  The pressure plate?  Six bolts?  Help
me out here.

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/