Re: Alignment Issues

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:47:03 EST Captnbr@aol.com writes:
>Last week I did that rear tranny mount repair thing and I had the car up
on
>one jackstand on the right side of the car for a couple days.  Now it
feels
>like my alignment is off and my car is pulling to the right.  Do you
think
>this could have knocked my car out of alignment?  Thanks

Sounds like you might have gained camber in the RF. Camber changes toe
settings. (Which is why you set the camber first, then the toe.) The
camber changed probably from the camber bolts being loose enough to move.
That sucks. The only resolve now is to have the alignment set. (do it
yourself or take it to a shop.)

The tranny mount work has nothing to do with the alignment. You could put
the engine/tranny in backwards and the alignment wouldn't be effected. Id
suspect the car sitting on the right side for a couple days is the
probable cause.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!