Re: TSR Linkage - well, how is it?

rapieper@yahoo.com writes:

<< Subject line says it all. >>

Well... I wish I could give you a driving impression of them, but I'm still
buttoning my pickup back together after major surgery. They DO appear to make
the shifts feel a lot more solid when I sit behind the wheel and row through
the gears, imagining I had the thing all back together...

Build quality is there. I have to say they look even nicer in person than I
was expecting. The retaining clip is positive, and installing the two shorter
linkage arms is as easy as setting the lengths and angles, removing the clip,
popping them on, and replacing the retainer.

If there is any "weak link" in the whole replacement linkage, it is in TSRs
use of the stock plastic linkage bushings for the third, and longest rod. The
ball studs in the end of the spherical rod ends are anchored through these
bushings, and it is there where I feel TSR could have improved a little on
the design. I am hoping that the guy  working on getting linkage bushing
replacement kits made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Poly will have a set
for me soon, as the "hard as steel" self lubricating bushes should cure this
one (small) quibble...

For $60 delivered, I still believe they were a great deal....

Danny
81 Caddy