Re: 2.0L engines

>I think i have found a 2.0 from either a Golf or Jetta
>from PartsPlace in MI for
>$1000
>+
>free shipping
>+
>$100 core charge
>_____________________
>$1100
>

>I think i'm going for it but only if i can get it
>installed with a new water pump for under $2000.
>
>What do u guys think?
>
>Mick

For a variety of reasons, stay away from Parts Place, many bad vibes,
bad experiences abound.  Not only that, $1000 is the high end for this
engine.  I bought a short block for $400, and you could probably find
a tall block for $800 or less if you shopped for a bit...or get a
short block and a 16v head from different sources for a combined total
of less then $1000.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net