Re: [Tech] Tach needle bouncing....88 16v Rocco

Chris -- strange question I know, but how is your battery?

Mine is usually fine until my battery starts getting weak -- then it'll do it.

The one other thing to check is your idle switch on the throttle body.  If
it's pressed and released quickly, my car will do the same thing -- and if
yours is shorting out, that would probably do it.

Being that it's affected by the (voltage drop of the) turn signal, though,
I'd check your charging system out.

Jason

At 08:57 PM 2/7/01 , S.Coleman wrote:
>OK,...can someone tell me the "short and skinny" as to *how* the tach moves?
>Mine seems to be working fine,...except at idle. ( i.e..  stop lights)
>Then it starts bouncing around.  Another part of this mystery is this:
>when I put on the turn signal,...the tach kind of "jumps to the beat" of the
>turn signal .......up...down,.....up ..down........
>Ahhh right,.....enough up, down,....seems that the coil gives the tach the
>signal via wire that plugs into one of the two harnesses that connect to the
>cluster,...but I'm not sure.
>Thanks in advance,
>Chris
>

>--