Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1671

Re:  $193 speeding ticket.

Here in Ohio, 15 over limit can get you reckless operation.  This might
be opportunity for some enterprising visual lister, but my "FOP" sticker
has saved me from the reckless oper. addendum.  Problem is, nowadays they
add the date you contributed your "donation".  There is reason guys with the
add-on FOP badge on their license plate bolt them on.  Apologies if any law
enforcement types take it the wrong way, a well maintained Scirocco
driven reasonably is less dangerous often than a crappy driver/car.  Its
all about revenue frequently.  Only good thing in Ohio is patrol cars
have to be marked.  Local ticket mills skirt that with tiny flasher on
unmarked grey Taurus', etc.  Brother got really bogus ticket on Indiana
turnpike in my 16V Scirocco when he sped up to get out of way of a**hole
in unmarked F body that was riding our bumper.  Turned out it was cop who
was gleeful and mentioned he could tell we had Passport radar detector.
FWIW, AAA card let us proceed w/o going to station.

If you're going to drive your VW with any kind of  gusto, it behooves you
to know about unmarked cars, etc.  There used to be a web site with
radar traps and laws posted, don't have URL.

RE:  Brian Barrows dash light problems:

Second checking out your grounds.  When the designed grounds go away
(corrosion frequently), the current seeks out other paths, some bizarre.
Don't try to figure it out, just clean them up.

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre