RE: $193.00 Speeding ticket. need help

My last little debacle with the Folsom PD might shed some insight.  I was
coming home from work/surfing the net and feeling pretty good about the way
the roc was running after some recnet tuning.

Mind you this is in town on a 6 lane throughfare:  No traffic around....Wind
it up going over a hill, through the green light, through the next one
yellow at around 70.......through the next one green at about 80 when the
lights came on and I stopped.

The officer was very observant, noticed the rear fog light, body kit and the
fact that it wasn't exactly a stock Scirocco......as he put it....sounded
pretty good as you wound it up over that hill.  To which I smiled and
said...."you were way back there eh?"  Nods and smiles as he writes up the
ticket.  He saw my Folsom address on my liscense and commented that I was 3
turns from home.

As he hands me my nice "get out of jail free card" he reminds me that I am
lucky and he's being easy on me since I am a "local".  He explains that
anything 20mph over the posted speed limit can be a misdemeanor, 3pt ticket
and they have the option to arrest and impound the car if they feel you are
reckless.

Aparantly this became the law in 1999.

As for the ticket.......always go to court if you can.  Plead not guilty,
talk to the DA and you will definetely have the $$$ reduced.  Oh, you'll
still pay a fine, and eat the points or take traffic school but hell,
sometimes you gotta pay for your fun.

Brian H