From: Brett Van Sprewenburg [mailto:brett@zorak.netacc.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 2:41 PM
To: dan@drumsinc.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: [engine] Chip Question

> I'd like to start by apologizing if this has been covered.
>
> I have an '87 16v Scirocco, I'd like to know what my chip options are.
I've
> been surfing through Autotech's website, but they don't seem to have
> anything directly related to Scirocco's for the chip (unless I'm blind -
> which is entirely possible).
>
> Thoughts, comments?
>
> TIA,
> Dan

Easy one Dan:  there isn't one.

Well, almost true.  Superchips supposedly has something, but from what
I understand, it's only removing the rev limiter. Not only that, but
you have to send them one of your brain boxes.  That's actually part
of the problem, as CIS-E has three 'brains'.  An ignition control
module (to do ignition work), a Jetronic control box (to do ignition
timing and knock control), and an O2 brain box (to help control fuel
mixture).  No one 'chip' for them all like Motronic, where all this
is controlled from a single brain, and hence, is far more easily
'chipped'.  Fun, eh? :)

==Brett