Re: [engine] Chip Question

Umm lesseee...how do I put this....

if you are *looking* for chips for your 16V scirocco then I'd have to say
that there are no options for you. sorry

The long winded way of saying this is:

The 16V scirocco came with KE-Jetronic fuel injection and a Knock Sensing
ignition system. These are separate stand alone systems and do not have any
way of being "chipped" The only thing remotely resembling the sort is the
full throttle enrichment, but that is more like fooling the system.

You can swap in the motronic system that came in the 2.0l 16V cars. This is
one box for both fuel and ignition, and there are chips available for it.
This is more expensive than it is difficult, but just barely. Price to do it
right will be about $500-600. Brett knows all about it.

Lastly there are numerous bolt-on injection/ignition systems (electromotive,
SDS, haltech, AEM, etc.) where you can completely adjust the fuel/spark map
either from a laptop, or from the unit itself. Expensive ($1300 for the
system alone) and best set up by someone who's done it before. The ultimate
"chip" since you can adjust it how you like, and change it as quickly as you
change your mind.

HTH

Jonas

85 Scirocco 2.0