Re: [tech] audi 5000 engine in a scirocco?

If it was a turbo, then wouldn't it be a 5 cylinder?  If so, then you
won't be able to fit it in your 'Roc, unless you want to do some serious
chassis/body mods.

Drew (84 Wolfsburg Ed.)

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, adam l wrote:

> I went to get an audi 5000 TB today but when I got there, the engine was a
> turbo! The TB was round instead of a rectangle like a scirocco, so I didn't
> get it. I was wondering though, would the Audi 5000 engine fit in a mk2
> scirocco? Then engine looked just like mine but it was just mounted
> differently (for rear-wheel drive?) and it's a turbo.
> If it will fit with no big mods to the scirocco I may get it this spring.
>
> adam l
> 86 8v (the enterprise)
> 71 super beetle (bugzilla)

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca