Re: [tech] noise diagnosis

Be prepared to buy joints (German) individually. Remove the axle. Remove the
joints from the axle. Disassemble the joints (nevermind what everyone says
about ball order its BS). Inspect the race surfaces for pitting or deep
grooves and replace the bad ones. install the axle. This is the ONLY way to
do the job right without having to go back and fuck with it again soon.

>if you don't use remans then what, other than rebuilding the cvs, should
>one do, if i might ask??
>

>jake
>

>'87 Rocco 16V  waiting for a complete 2.0
>'87 GLi 8V
>

>On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Chris DeLong wrote:
>

> > >Never heard of 'gurgling' before, but it's all relative.  My guess is
>that
> > >it's a CV at the least.  You should probably just get a reman axle and
>be
> > >done with it,
> >
> > Just to add to this; if you use a reman axle YOU WILL NOT BE DONE WITH
>IT!!
> > I dont care if it has a lifetime warranty! I have gone through 4 of
>these in
> > a manner of 6 months on my wifes car (total af about 6k miles and 1 of
>them
> > made noise as soon as i put it in the car). Reman axles are about as
>good as
> > bad german joints with no boots driving in the rain offroad! They dont
>last.
> >
> > So that said; if you like swapping axles then run out to your nearest
> > we-sell-parts-for-Fords-too store and grab a set.
> >
> > Chris DeLong
> > ICQ#45030867
> > Seattle, WA USA
> > '80 16V Rag