Re: [fear][trepidation] Transmission Question ReWorded :-)

Try the rear tranmission mount for condition and bolt tightness.

-pK

Ooops, yep my mistake.

Anyhow I'm having no problems like that.  What I am hearing is a "bonk"
sound down by my left foot (I think, maybe its the firewall) occasionally as
I take off in first, and then again sometimes as I move into second.  Its
weird.   Gotta jack her up tomorrow if its warm.

Thanks

Greg

on 2/2/01 16:54, Rich at rwd@serv.net wrote:

> He said *without* your foot on the clutch.
>
> Get rolling about 2000 rpm in third gear and
> punch it. If the engine revs higher than the
> car is accelerating the clutch is slipping.
>
> Rich
>
> ----------
>> From: The '84 Scirocco <scirocco@macslut.org>
>> To: Brian McGarvey <brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu>
>> Cc: vw list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>> Subject: Re: [fear][trepidation] Transmission Question
>> Date: Friday, February 02, 2001 11:53 AM
>>
>> I donšt understand this.  If I have my foot on the clutch and I rev the
> car
>> of course it wont accelerate - its not in gear?  You can ride the clutch
> at
>> various levels, so I donšt know what you're saying.  Sorry
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> --
>> Greg Coan
>> '84 Scirocco
>>
>> scirocco@macslut.org
>>
>>> From: Brian McGarvey <brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu>
>>> Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:41:31 -0600
>>> To: The '84 Scirocco <scirocco@macslut.org>
>>> Cc: vw list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [fear][trepidation] Transmission Question
>>>
>>> they basic clutch sign is the push on gas pedal without your foot on
> the
>>> clutch and the motor revs up without acclerating your car much. Like
> you
>>> are riding the clutch. Tho you need to read some of the preivious email
>>> about SMS (self-machining-syndrome)

> leg?

>> --
>> Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send